Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eilat

Get back from Galilee, Friday, Sabbath, and then off to the Red Sea. Eilat is a four hour drive from Jerusalem. We drove through it on our way to and from Egypt but this was a free day for fun. The drive parallels part of Lehi’s journey and part of the Exodus so it was also fun as in learning. At Eilat we spent five hours at the beach. Thanks to the patience and help of Susie, Laurence, and Britt I successfully snorkeled!!!!!!!! Unless you know me well that doesn’t sound like a big deal but there was some major fear-facing involved in every step of the process. So I think it’s okay if I say that I am really proud of myself for doing it. Actually I ended up liking it enough to get in the water a second time so despite the resulting sunburn that has my back looking like a British soldier’s uniform it was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment